Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What is a Diva???????

What is a Diva?....

A diva is a term usually used to describe a celebrated female singer or actor. The term was originally used to describe a woman of rare, outstanding talent. It derives from the Italian word 'diva' meaning "goddess" or "fine lady"[1]. TIME magazine observed in its October 21, 2002 issue: "By definition, a diva was originally used for great female opera singers, almost always sopranos."(from Wikipedia)

Meet Rebecca.....she is my Diva sister!!!!! This chick simply rocks. She is one of those charismatic, quick witted kind of women that you just want to be around all the time because she is a pure blast no matter what you are doing. I think "Diva", "Goddess" and "Fine Lady" describe her perfectly. I met Rebecca back in the spring while second shooting at her wedding with Dave Jeffrey from CT Photo Group. We made pretty quick friends (because I am naturally drawn to women of her caliber) and she eventually asked me to trash her dress. Needless to say I had an absolute blast this past Sunday afternoon at Kent Falls trashing her dress with her and our 50 million onlookers. Man did we make a spectacle of ourselves. Later we were met by Eric Langlois of Raw Photo Design and he also has some rockin shots from the affair, so check out his blog.

Here is my sneak peak of the trashing....and I'll do another post in the next few weeks with my final edits. Rebecca I hope you enjoy them....:) and thank you so much for the awesome afternoon!!!!!


(P.S....just a side note here....I have really been neglecting my blog. Between the kids being on summer break, the new deck we built, and our vacation in Nags Head N.C....I have been beyond busy. This post is out of order, but I wanted to get them up for Rebecca...so hopefully I'll be getting the other posts up that I have been meaning to do!!!)












12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Danielle! Can I trash my dress too? I love the hair fling shot!!!

Robert J. Trenske said...

Hey Danielle, awesome photos, I so wish I could have been there to shoot with you, I was looking forward to it. I am sure there will be other opportunities.

I really dig the hair shot as well. Great job!!

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

Thanks guys....We only had to do the hair shot a few times till I got what I wanted. My fave is probably #3 though....I don'treally know why. Rob....it does suck tat you couldn't make it. I wish we had been able to keep the original date. Then everyone I wanted would of been there...but there will be more I am sure!!! Thanks for the comments guys!

Val McCormick Photography said...

Yey, a post :-) Your sister is so beautiful! I love the shot with the boots. This was an awesome session!

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

LOL....Not my real sister Val....My "Diva Sister" like my sister from another mother....lol

nikki nicole photography said...

hey girl!!!!!

the shot of her whipping her hair back is amazing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh snap! that hair shot is magazine potential!!! Awesome work....soo....you make it sound like I actually have photos of her on my blog already??? Ummm....so, I guess I better get crackin' huh?

Anonymous said...

I think this is where all the rap stars praise "THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS" for my amazing day shooting, without him none of this would have been possible!....(sorry had to do it) This is her Diva Sister here, I was never into the term Diva, but now, I think I'm liking rockin it! I loved every moment from trashing my dress or "drown the gown" and Danielle was a huge part of that, she's AMAZING

Eric Foley said...

I agree! The hair shot is cwazy! (as my son would say)

Anonymous said...

Danielle, AWESOME!!! Really what else can I say.

Salty Grapes said...

Ooooh! That splashy hair shot is to die for!!!! This was in CT? I've never seen such a beautiful waterfall like that... must travel around the state a bit more. =) Gorgeous, gorgeous shots - all of them. =)

MIKE said...

Awesome work. Love the whole trash the dress idea. Very cool.. : )