Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh Baby I like it RAW...

Whenever I shoot with Eric, at some point the lyrics from this Old Dirty Bastard song get in my head. I think it has something to do with the whole "Raw" thing. I don't even know the name of it, but it sticks...and I'm stuck, and I usually have to beg Eric to get something else going through my head. To which he hands me something like"The Funk's Your Brother"....by D.J. who ever.......anyhow let's get to the point of the blog...
I can't even begin to explain how awesome it was to be shooting with Eric again.....It's been a few months since I got to shoot a wedding with him, and I have to say....I am so glad to be back shooting again. I am kind of a second shooter snob. I believe in chemistry and flow. We have a flow...... we really feed off of each other when we shoot. When he gets pumped I get pumped...if he gets stressed, I calm him down, and when I think I'm not getting my lighting right.....he grabs my camera, fixes my settings, and then shows me what he did and why. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is exciting to see him in action and he never stops inspiring me. I'd found lately that the whole photography thing was just becoming "hum drum".....and after shooting one wedding with Eric, I am all pumped and stoked again!
At any rate, here are some of my shots from the wedding we shot on Saturday at the Amber Room. Meet Maria and John (I don't think I have any shots of John in here though).

Some details...




The rings...
Maria getting her makeup done by Danny of Faces in Danbury
This is a shot of the Mother of The Bride, and company blowing bubbles as Maria danced with her father... The flower girl...
Maria getting dressed...
The bouquet...
Maria getting her dress on...
The details of the dress...


And the flower girl one more time...how cute is she????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh snap! These shots are hoooot! The textures on the details is balzy and I LOVE the bubble shot - perfect captured moment!!!! You also captured the elegant beauty of Maria as well - fabulousicious work (as always). And stop being such a mush - you're making me blush. Good to have you back!

Anonymous said...

Thank God you're posting again....this blog was on the verge of getting seriously lame :)

Kathleen Trenske said...

The second to the last one is my favorite - beautiful bridal portrait.

Eric Foley said...

I love that last ring shot! Very creative!

Val McCormick Photography said...

Now that what I'm talking about! Damn Girl, You totally rocked this out. Daniella, these are BEAUTIFUL! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. So glad to see you posting again. Hope to see you at PUG, I miss you!

~HUGS~
Val

Erik Maziarz said...

these are bangin' Danielle! there's something about the simplicity of the second shoe shot that I love. and the putting the dress on shot, the ring shot, and the 2nd and 3rd to last shots of the bride -- AWESOME!

Unknown said...

d.d.d.d.d.damn
What a bunch of awesome shots here.
The little girls are freakin' heartmelters with those huge deep eyes and the details shots are straight on! Absolutely awesome!
Thanks for sharing the set!