Friday, September 12, 2008

Don't Believe The Hype!!!

Sunday I had the pleasure to shoot again for Eric of Raw Photo Design.....Meet Dawn and Steve! I say don't believe the hype because Eric told me early on that this was going to be a "Greek" wedding. Of course I began to play back scenes from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" in horror, sarcastically thinking in my head...."Oh dear lord save me!"

When I arrived Sunday morning at the Groom's mother's house, I was pleasantly surprised at how "normal" (of course I use this term losely because who knows what normal really is) everyone was. I spent quite a bit of time with Steve's family that morning, and I immediately felt like I was part of their clan. This family is amazing. Full of love, kindness, and of course...lots of tradition. So don't believe the hype...just because it's a Greek wedding, it doesn't mean there is going to be tacky taffeta, over baring mother's, or a bottle of Windex on every table as a center piece! The reception was off the hook!!!! The most fun I have ever had shooting a reception. I do want to give a shout out to the Grooms' Men as well for being able to hang with me....you guys know what I'm talking about!



Here is Steve getting dressed...
And the guys just hanging...doing what they do...

A shot of the ring bearer...

Steve's parents enjoying the ceremony...
Boy did these two get pegged...poor Dawn was pulling rice out of her hair for hours...

Dawn and her father...
The ladies....enjoying some conversation...hummm wonder what they are talking about ;)
This shot cracks me up....Steve was so OVER pictures!
Steve's parents again...dancing!
Cutting the cake...
And....just the cake...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

like your style

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

I love the picture of the handsome ring bearer :)

Erik Maziarz said...

NICE! lots of sun flare! and that cake cutting shot it awesome!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME JOB!!! Can I have these pictures now....or are you just going to hog them?? Two faves - the shot of Steve throwing his shirt on....definitely a man on a mission and I LOVE that one of him pouting...ha ha...looks like he got put in the corner or something. Too funny.

Val McCormick Photography said...

I love the cake cutting shot too. I just shot one so similiar to yours. I am way behind on blog posting and blog love; sorry so late. As always awesome job :-)

Enoch Photography said...

love the sun flare! All of them are great! //enoch